Digital Marketing is becoming more popular among businesses who want to improve their sales and branding through different channels. The demand for freelance digital marketing consultants is increasing rapidly, many management professionals choosing digital marketing consulting as a growing career choice.
But still, many companies do not accept the change or importance of digital marketing for their business. In this article, we will see what does a freelance digital marketing consultant does and why we need them for business.
But first, we have to understand the What, Types, and the Why??
What Is Digital Marketing?
DIGITAL MARKETING is a term used to do marketing of services, products or any other practises using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, across various devices like mobile phones, tablets, desktop, display advertising, and any other digital medium.
Types of Digital Marketing?
- SEO (SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION)
- PAY PER CLICK METHOD
- EMAIL MARKETING
- VIDEO DISPLAY MARKETING
- CONTENT MARKETING
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- LOCATION-BASED MARKETING
- AFFILIATE MARKETING
- INTERACTIVE ADVERTISING
Why Digital Marketing?
- Ability to reach a global marketplace
- Reach more customers for less money than traditional marketing promotions.
- Reach targetted audiences and measure your marketing efforts immediately and efficiently.
- Levels the playground, digital marketing allows smaller businesses the ability to reach a top-ranking position.
Marketing Is No More Just Networking!!
- Your customers are already searching for your business in search engines and social media.
- If you are not available online but your competitors do, then customers will be left out with no choice than giving business to your competitor, stay focused on your competitor’s online strategy.
- As of Dec-2019, there are 4545 million internet users across the globe i.e. 58.3% of the world population.
- In India as of 2019, among population of 1,368,737,513 over 560,000,000 uses internet for various purpose, i.e. 40.9% of overall population and 24.3% in asia.
- India is the second-largest country with the largest number of internet users, China tops the chart, and the United States was in the third position.
For more information on stats, visit Statista.com
“It’s important to be where your audience of potential customers is today, and where they might be tomorrow.” — Andrew Delaney, Senior Manager of Social Media, HubSpot
As on 28/05/2020, www.internetlivestats.com shows
All this numbers says digital marketing has got more potential to increase your business sales through online marketing. Many business owners think they can manage the online marketing by themselves without hiring a dedicated inhouse digital marketing consultant or a freelance digital marketing consultant for their business, but they have to understand the purpose of hiring a digital marketing consultant.
Why Hiring A Freelance Digital Marketing Consultant Is Better Than Managing Yourself???
Internet and internet users is growing rapidly across nations and it is propositionally increased the competition between the business in online presence.
The algorithm used by search gaints like Google, Yahoo and social gaints like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and others are becoming tougher, chances of getting more visibility in these platforms are becoming very tough, one should need more knowledge and practise about this platforms to get more visibility on these platforms by using different strategies and practises.
Business owners or managers do not have the sufficient time and energy to learn and practise this skills, since they have to provide more time on business operations and management.
Meanwhile a freelance digital marketing consultant is a trained professional on various digital marketing practises and platforms and he regularly keeps his skill and knowledge updated on this practises. They can execute strategies better than what a business owner or managers can do to compete against the niche players in digital platform and improve your sales.
Thinking off to hire a freelance digital marketer now, this article(Does hiring a digital marketing consultant help improve your online presence) will help on hiring and what to expect from an in-house digital marketing consultant or a freelance digital marketing consultant.
“Social media marketing is about creating content that brings your audience together as a community and inspiring authentic conversations while increasing your brand’s awareness.” — Krystal Wu, Social Media Community Manager, HubSpot
Below are some of the responsibilities that digital marketing consultants can do:
- Analyse and find new opportunities where your business can engage easier with existing customers and attract new customers.
- Perform an recheck of existing marketing activites, such as presence in social media and their analytics, SEO efforts, and email marketing database and schedules, and reframe it with new strategy to make it more effective.
- Branding is more important in the long run of business, an inhouse digital marketing consultant or freelance digital marketing consultatn can amplify your brand presence among exisiting customers and new ones.
- They can improve and make client management and communication easier by using various social media platforms and tools.
- Use On-Page SEO to ensure that all content is your website is optimized for search engines and ranks each page in your website highly in Google and other search engines.
- As a OFF-Page SEO practise, he can do PR and blogging activites with other niche websites which will help bring quality signals to your website to improve ranking in search engines like Google.
- He can run promotional campaigns in Social media and search engines to bring immediate sales to your business.
- A freelance digital marketing consultant or inhouse digital markter will regularly have a watch on the analytics of your website using Google analytics tool, Google search console and other third party tools to optimize your website better.
More precisely they will analyze, advise, plan, and do research, to make sure that a business is utilizing the full potential of online marketing to reach their targetted customers or leads on the right platforms that work for their business.
Don’t push people to where you want to be; meet them where they are.” — Meghan Keaney Anderson, VP Marketing, HubSpot
You may still have a doubt whether to hire a candidate for digital marketing, because what if they do not have enough knowledge as a fresher or hiring a experienced digital marketing consultant would be costlier.
In that case, you can hire a freelance digital marketing consultant like me at a cost of fresher but with more knowledge and experience.
|As a freelance digital marketing consultant, I am passionate about startups and Mid-size companies at the same time I also cater to large organizations.
By profession as an SEO and social media solution expert, I have worked with startups and mid-size companies across various verticals to help them achieve their marketing goals.
“The faster and efficient you are adapting to new practices in marketing will keep you stay ahead of your competitors in getting an inch closer to your customers. “- Dinesh Ranganathan, DigitalDinesh.com