In this article we will be seeing how to get a free and trusted SSL certificate for your website and install it into your wordpress site.
Steps to install free SSL certificate:
- Goto SSL For Free: https://sslforfree.com
- Enter your website URL and click the “Create Free SSL Certificate” button.
- On the next page click Manual Verification and then click the “manually verify domain” button.
- Then download the two files they automatically create.
- Then as per instructions on the same page, create a folder with the name as .well-known, and inside it create an acme-challenge folder.
- Now upload those two files downloaded from https://sslforfree.com in this folder.
- Now verify this link using the link mentioned on the same page(the page where you have downloaded the files from sslforfree.com.
- If the verification succeeds, you can refresh your website and check for a secure sign in the URL section.
Watch the video to know step by step visual guidance.